بِسْمِ اللّٰهِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيم
Assalamu Alaikum Everyone!
How are you doing? I hope you are having an amazing day wherever you are in the world! May Allah bless and shower you and all those you love with happiness and health.
I pray to Allah that this letter finds you well and you were able to reflect and find peace during these times. Today, I have a number of Hadiths (sayings of the Prophet Muhammad ﷺ) that will let us know about easy ways to enter Jannah. It is incredible to think how easy Allah made Islam, Alhamdulillah. From reading through this post, I hope you truly are able to see how easy Islam is, and it can restrengthen your Iman (faith), inshAllah. Before we get started, let's learn about Jannah. What is Jannah? Why do we all aspire to go to Jannah?
Jannah is the ultimate and final abode for all righteous Muslims. It is a place of radiance, joy, peacefulness and absolute bliss. It is a place for those who have dedicated their lives to be servants of Allah (SWT).
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Apostle ﷺ as saying that: Allah the Exalted and Glorious, said: I have prepared for My pious servants which no eye has ever seen, and no ear has ever heard, and no human heart has ever perceived but it is testified by the Book of Allah. He then recited: "No soul knows what comfort has been concealed from them, as a reward for what they did". (xxxii.17)
Jannah is something no human can ever imagine. Obviously, we all have our assumptions, but none of those assumptions can truly account to what Jannah is really like. No matter how hard we try to imagine what Jannah truly looks like, we can never imagine something we have never seen, heard and perceived.
If we were to summarize all the Hadiths in one word, we can choose taqwa (forbearance, fear and abstinence). What does taqwa mean? Taqwa is our piousness and fear of Allah (SWT). It is our love for Allah. We remember Allah in our everyday lives. We are consciousness of Allah. Before doing anything, we ask ourselves, "does this please Allah?". If it does not, then we leave it and do what does please Allah.
1. Dhikr After Salah
The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said, "There are two qualities, no Muslim man acquires them but he will enter Paradise, and they are simple and easy. He should glorify Allaah (say Subhaan Allah) ten times immediately after each prayer, and praise Him (say Al-hamdu Lillah) ten times and magnify Him (say Allahu akbar) ten times".
Abdallah ibn Amr said, "I saw the Messenger of Allah counting this on his fingers".
He ﷺ said, "That makes one hundred and fifty on the tongue, and one thousand five hundred hasanaat (good deeds) in the scales".
Author's note: This means that each of these three phrases repeated ten times makes thirty after each prayer. If you multiply it by the number of daily prayers, which is five, makes one hundred and fifty. Each of these good deeds of the tongue will be rewarded by ten hasanaat, which will be added to the total of good deeds to be weighed in the balance or scales on the Day of Judgement.
The Prophet ﷺ continued and said, "When you go to bed, glorify Him and praise Him and magnify Him one hundred times: that will be one hundred on the tongue and one thousand in the scales. Who among you does two thousand and five hundred sayi’aat (bad deeds) in one day?"
They said, "How could we not count (our sins)?"
He ﷺ said, "The Shaytan comes to any one of you whilst he is praying and says, remember this, remember that, until he finishes his prayer and does not do (this dhikr), or he comes to him when he is lying down and makes him sleepy, until he falls asleep (without doing this dhikr)". [At-Tirmidhee, 3332]
1. Lets all revive this forgotten sunnah and use the dhikr: 10x SubhanAllah, 10x Alhamdulillah, 10x Allahu Akbar after each daily (mandatory) salah (prayer)!
2. Count them on your right hand to revive a sunnah!
3. Make sure you say your dhikr before sleeping: 33x SubhanAllah, 33x Alhamdulillah and 34x Allahu Akbar. Please don't forget to do this sunnah, so we may all enter Jannah, inshAllah.
2. Recite Ayat Al-Kursi After Each Obligatory Prayer
Abu Umamah reported: The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said, “Whoever recites the Verse of the Throne (Ayat Al-Kursi) after every prescribed prayer, there will be nothing standing between him and his entering Paradise except death”. [An-Nasaa’i – Classed as Sahih by Sh Al-Albaani]
Another simple act that can aid us in entering Jannah, inshAllah, is reciting Ayat Al-Kursi. Ayat Al-Kursi has many benefits, lets list them down below.
1. Holy prophet ﷺ said, "Whoever recites the first 4 Ayats (Verses) of Surat Al-Baqarah, then Ayat Al-Kursi and then the last 3 Ayats of Surat Al-Baqarah, will not be inflicted with any kind of difficulty in his wealth or themselves, Shaytan will not come near him and he will not forget the Qur’an".
2. One who recites Ayat Al-Kursi every morning will be in the protection, safety of Allah until the night.
3. For those of our dear ones who have passed away, recitation of Ayat Al-Kursi and giving it as Hadiya (gift) to them, gives them noor (light) in the grave.
4. When leaving home, if one recites it once, the Almighty has one group of Angels to come and protect you. If recited twice, 2 groups of Angels are assigned to do this. If recited 3 times Allah tells the Angels not to worry as the Almighty himself takes care of him.
5. The Holy Prophet ﷺ has said, "If one recites Ayat Al-Kursi before going to sleep, Allah will send an Angel to come and look after and protect you.
6. When one is alone in the house, recitation of Ayat Al-Kursi and asking Allah for help will make you remain calm and you will not fear.
7. One who recites it after every prayer, their salah will be accepted, they will remain in the safety of the Almighty and He will protect them.
3. Being Pleased with Allah as our Lord
Whoever says: “I am pleased with Allah as my Rabb, and with Islam as my Deen, and with Muhammad ﷺ as my Prophet, Jannah would be mandatory for him. (Sunan Abu Dawud)
رَضِيتُ باللهِ رَبَّاً، وَبِالْإِسْلَامِ دِيناً، وَبِمُحَمَّدٍ صَلَى اللهُ عَلِيهِ وَسَلَّمَ نَبِيَّاً
4. Asking For Jannah
Whoever asks Allah for Jannah three times, Jannah will say: “O Allah, enter him into Jannah.” (Jami` at-Tirmidhi)
اللّهُـمَّ إِنِّـي أَسْأَلُـكَ الجَـنَّةَ
5. 12 Rak’ah (prayer units) in the Day and Night
Whoever prays 12 Rak’ah in the day and night, a house in Jannah will be built for him. (Sunan an-Nasa’i)
- 2 before Fajr
- 4 before Dhuhr & 2 after Dhuhr
- 2 after Maghrib
- 2 after Isha
6. Reciting This Invocation During the Day
Prophet Muhammad ﷺ said, "If somebody recites this invocation (given below) during the day, and if he should die then, he will be from the people of Jannah. And if he recites it in the night, and if he should die on the same day, he will be from the people of Jannah.” (Jami` at-Tirmidhi)
اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ رَبِّي لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ خَلَقْتَنِي وَأَنَا عَبْدُكَ وَأَنَا عَلَى عَهْدِكَ وَوَعْدِكَ مَا
اسْتَطَعْتُ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا صَنَعْتُ وَأَبُوءُ إِلَيْكَ بِنِعْمَتِكَ عَلَىَّ وَأَعْتَرِفُ
بِذُنُوبِي فَاغْفِرْ لِي ذُنُوبِي إِنَّهُ لاَ يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ
Allāhumma anta rabbī lā ilāha illā anta, khalaqtanī wa ana `abduka, wa ana `alā `ahdika wa wa`dika ma-staṭa`tu. A`ūdhu bika min sharri ma ṣana`tu, wa abū’u ilayka bini`matika `alayya wa a`tarifu bidhunūbī faghfirlī dhunūbī innahu lā yaghfirudh-dhunūba illā ant
O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I committed. I acknowledge Your favor upon me and I acknowledge my sin, so forgive me, for verily none can forgive sin except You.
7. Having A Good Character
The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said, “I guarantee a house in the upper part of Paradise for a person who has good character.” [Abu Dawud]
8. Carrying Out Four Simple Deeds
The Messenger ﷺ said, “O mankind! Spread the salutation, feed the poor and needy, join the ties of kinship and offer prayers at night while people are asleep and you shall enter Paradise in peace.” [Ibn Majah]
9. Learning The 99 Names of Allah
Prophet Muhammad ﷺ said “Allah has ninety-nine names, whoever memorises them shall enter paradise”. [Sahih Bukhari & Muslim]
10. Looking After 3 Daughters
Jabir ibn Abdullah reported that the Prophet ﷺ said, "Whoever has three daughters and he accommodates them, show mercy toward them, and supports them, Paradise is definitely guaranteed for him. Thus, someone asked the Prophet, what if they are two daughters only He replied, “[He gets that reward,] even if they are [only] two."
Some of those present believed that had the Prophet ﷺ been asked about only one daughter, he would have answered that the reward was applicable too. (Authenticated by Al-Albani)
Obviously, this is only a small list of the many things that Allah (SWT) has blessed us in order to ease Islam for us. May Allah grant us all the highest levels of Jannah. May we all gather under the trees of Jannah with the all the Prophets. May we all get to experience the happiness, joy and blessings on Jannah. Ameen. I pray to Allah that you all found this post informative and learned something. I hope you are able to apply these habits into your own lives, InshAllah. Jazakum Allah Khair! ♡♡
My Muslimah Mind
10 / 30 / 2020 at 12:00 PM